Have you ever considered that the top-achievers in every field do some things ‘slightly’ different than others, to create their extraordinary results and great success?
Obviously they’ve all created, trained and settled a strong and winning mindset over time. Additionally, they focus largely on physical and mental health plus strength, effective training and a strong commitment to excellence. They are eager to stand up, just once more than being knocked down. Especially when analyzing top sport athletes, it seems obvious to me that there is a ‘simple’ wisdom behind all great success: No Excuses, Never Give Up! Is it really that simple?
Research has shown: Keep on doing whatever you’re passionate about for at least 10.000 hours and you’ll finally be an expert in your field. So choose wisely where you invest your valuable time. You create your destiny!
Even if life is full of uncertainty and ever changing circumstances, there seem to be a couple of basic steps that you might want to consider, when facing your next big challenge or generally looking forward to achieve the heights of your dreams.
Here they are: 6 Basic Steps for Great Success and Extraordinary Results.
1. Set Your Goal
- It must be specific, that means concrete. Write it down!
- Your goal must be clear and measurable.
- Your goal must be realistic and damn relevant to you. How bad do you really want it?
- Write down a deadline by when you’ll reach your goal.
- Break down your goal into measurable milestones. When do you reach them?
- Load up your goal with all the emotional energy you have around. Day in day out, until it’s done.
Once more: No Excuses, Never Give Up. Success ahead!
Concentrate on the most essential activities that bring up results! What is really important to you? Sure thing, your goal must be challenging, but also realistic to you, without overstraining you. As already mentioned: It must be reachable. This is essential for your lasting intrinsic motivation!
2. Get Prepared and Take-off!
- Plan diligently, do breaks, take some longer periods of time to recover fully.
- Bring yourself into a state of power by raising your vitality-level through good nutrition, physical motion and fresh air. Relax your body and soul on a regular basis. Make sure you get enough sleep. Meanwhile, your subconscious mind will work for you.
- Do some sports. It supports your mind to deepen the connection with your body.
- Take-off, follow your flight plan and vision with passion.
Taking-off towards your desired destination usually needs a lot of ‘fuel’. Especially in the beginning where you’ll probably need the most power to keep things and yourself rolling. Even if it might feel like nothing is really moving in the beginning, always keep in mind: Heavy trains and big planes need the most power in the beginning, but then reach the most distant destinations smoothly.
3. Tension Is Important. The Right One!
- In a state of under-tension we usually feel tired, limb, lazy and slow. Regular physical and mental exercises help to reach a higher tension level. Even by visualizing your strong goal, as if already achieved, you’ll usually find yourself in a much more loaded setting.
- Things just flip around when being overtensive. You most likely become agitated, erratic, nervous, fast-pasted or even grumpy. Not a good state to reach top performance, right? Even if it feels like you’re pretty productive: Are you really doing the right things the right way, at the right time? If not, you will probably want to pay closer attention to your breathing. By doing some exercises to fully breath in and out, relax and meditate, you’ll get down to earth with a clearer focus again.
If you’re still struggling with over- or under-tension, do a re-check on your goals: Are they properly set, challenging and still realistic to reach in the scheduled time?
4. You Are, Where Your Concentration Is!
- Keep the WIN-Formula in mind: What’s Important Now?
- Concentrate yourself on the most important thing. Usually it’s solely one activity, the one you’re doing right now.
Mind you: Hunt for two hares and end up with none.
5. Let Go!
- When you’ve done your work, let go. Let everything go.
- Give yourself a break and get into a deep and relaxed state of mind.
- This is how you recharge your physical and mental batteries. Breath in, breath out. Go out!
6. Have Faith in Yourself and in Life.
- Allow yourself to fully trust in your inner strength and unlimited potential.
- Have faith that your skilled way of being and doing will lead to success.
- Be aware of your personal strengths and call them into your conscious mind, regularly .
Wherever you’re heading to: What matters in advance is a clear goal and the emotional commitment to achieve it. Finally, some massive and powerful action in the right direction towards excellence. Moving in the right direction usually involves having a clear plan, based on your vision and goals. It will navigate you towards your desired results. This plan is also a great help when you’re confronted with strong head winds. With excellence I mean the results of the Top 10 percent of your field, including personal mastery.
Even if I don’t (yet!) consider myself an expert in the field of extraordinary result or great success, I constantly feel and see myself improving by following these simple steps.
What about you? How do you achieve your goals best? How do you get yourself into a state of flow, skilled being and doing? No question, you’re already awesome and unique! Please consider sharing some of your personal thoughts and experiences with us.
Enjoy your flight my friend. Keep it fresh, success ahead.